Hybrid events, as a blend of virtual and in-person event elements, offer the best of both worlds between the two event formats: attendees can participate in the event from anywhere in the world, but you’ll still offer the irreplaceable physical and real-time experience of in-person events.
Hybrid events have gained popularity throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, but their unique benefits that allow for a wider reach and greater flexibility for attendees simply mean they are here to stay.
Thinking of running a hybrid event and don’t know where to start? To start off, a hybrid event is very reliant on technology and will absolutely need adequate event management software.
Yet, with all the hybrid event management solutions available in the market, which one is right for you?
In this guide, we will explore the best hybrid event management software currently available in the market. We will review, compare and provide a detailed analysis of their features, pricing, and overall performance. The article will also provide a comprehensive guide for key considerations when evaluating hybrid event management software to help you make an informed decision.
This guide is intended for event planners, marketers, and business owners who are looking for a comprehensive guide to help them choose the best hybrid event management software for their needs.
By the end of this article, you will have a clear understanding of the different options available and especially how to choose the right solution for your specific requirements.
How we picked our recommendation
Most event management solutions available in the market offer more or less the same core features: event scheduling, team collaboration, ticketing/registration, and so on. However, most also offer their own unique features to differentiate themselves from competitors.
With that being said, when evaluating these different solutions for hybrid event management, here are the key factors we’ve focused on assessing:
- Types of events supported
Since we are looking for a solution for a hybrid event, it’s fairly obvious that we should assess whether the event management software in question supports hybrid events. Due to the nature of hybrid events that have both in-person and virtual aspects, a solution that supports in-person, virtual, and hybrid (with hybrid-specific features) events is ideal.
- Features and functionalities
To adequately manage a hybrid event, the event management solution should cover functionalities essential for both in-person and virtual events.
Important features for a virtual event include:
- Virtual stage
- Live streaming capabilities
- Video conferencing and/or webinar solution
- Interactive polls and Q&As
- Breakout rooms
While essential features for an in-person event include:
- On-site registration (i.e., barcode scanning)
- Event check-in
- Attendee management
- Session tracking
- Lead capture tools
Managing a hybrid event can be very complex, and the challenge would only grow when the number of attendees (both in-person and virtual) increase. It’s critical to consider the scalability of the event management software.
Make sure it can handle the number of attendees you expect and that it has the capability to grow with your organization.
Event planning and event management can be very complex, and event planners may need to leverage other platforms and tools, such as third-party webinar solutions, marketing tools, virtual stage software, and so on.
We’ve assessed how well the event management software integrates with popular tools and solutions as a part of our evaluation criteria.
The virtual aspect of a hybrid event naturally involves the digital transmission of personal and potentially sensitive data/information. Data security and data privacy are of paramount importance.
We especially evaluate whether the event management software has robust security features capable of protecting your attendees’ data and adequate to prevent cybersecurity attacks.
- Accessibility features
The event management software should be able to facilitate accessibility for both virtual and in-person attendees with disabilities and comply with accessibility guidelines.
- Ease of use
Despite the advanced features offered, the event management software should be intuitive and easy to navigate and use for both event planners/organizers and attendees using the app. We’ll assess the software interface’s user experience for navigability.
Not necessarily affordability but overall value offered. We’ll evaluate whether the plans and pricing offered are reasonable when compared to the features and functionalities offered.
Top 5 Hybrid Event Management Software in 2023
Eventtia is a leading hybrid event management software offering a comprehensive set of features for both in-person and virtual events packaged in an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
Very versatile with a wide range of features, including advanced event registration/ticketing, event website builder, virtual stage, live streaming capabilities, advanced analytics, and more. This makes Eventtia one of the best options for those looking for sophisticated hybrid event management software.
- Easily create and customize events, including fine-tuning event details, building registration forms, and designing different ticketing options
- The ability to easily create and customize event landing pages and registration forms with a consistent branding and theme
- Create multiple ticket types with different offers, prices, and features
Virtual event features:
- Live streaming functionality delivery of virtual event content
- Event content can be made available on-demand, allowing attendees to access it at their convenience, even after the event
- Virtual stage and virtual exhibition hall, allowing seamless virtual event delivery
- Interactive engagement tools and virtual networking opportunities to engage virtual attendees
In-person event features:
- On-site attendee management features, including on-site check-ins, attendance tracking, guest list management, and so on.
- Ticket sales and registration management for different ticket types and prices
- Managing on-site attendees’ registration
Analytics and reporting:
- Advanced but easy-to-use analytics and reporting capabilities, including attendance tracking, real-time ticket sales reports, and other KPIs.
- Easily export and download reports for further analysis
- Easily keep track, view, and analyze key event metrics
Communication and marketing:
- Various features to help with marketing your event, including social media integration, event marketing/automation features, and other tools for promoting your event
- Easily create and send out email promotion campaigns and track the result of these campaigns
Pros and cons of Eventtia
- Robust set of features for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events
- User-friendly interface and easy to use
- Mobile compatibility and mobile application for attendees and event managers
- 24/7 customer support and scalability for events of all sizes
- Multi-language and multi-currency support
- It may not be suitable for very large events with a massive number of in-person attendees.
- Relatively expensive compared to other event management software.
- Limited virtual event-specific features such as virtual stage and engagement tools
- Limited integration options with other virtual event-specific tools
Eventtia offers the following pricing plans:
- Express (Starting at $300)
- Unlimited events
- 12-month access
- 3 admin users
- Landing page
- Online registration
- Attendee control
- Check-in app
- Mailing campaigns
- Digital (Starting at $300)
- All features in Express
- Mobile app
- Virtual stage
- Enterprise (contact for price)
- Unlimited attendees
- All features in Digital
- SSO & White label
- Audit logs
- Unlimited API calls
- Datalake integration
- Custom event portals
- Role-based access
- White glove support
- SLA support
15-day free-trial program available
While Eventtia is not the most affordable option available in the market, it offers one of the most complete sets of features that can help you manage both the virtual and in-person aspects of your hybrid event of all sizes. This is combined with its intuitive and easy-to-navigate interface and responsive 24/7 customer service, making it a great option for users of all skill levels.
Overall, Eventtia is an excellent choice for event planners looking for a complete hybrid event management solution, and it is definitely worth the money despite it’s high price tag.
Eventtia is our pick for the best event management software in 2023.
Cvent is a well-established and popular event management software with various features that can help you reliably plan and execute successful in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. While its higher-priced plans may not make it the most cost-effective option—especially for smaller organizations—it is very reliable with a wide range of advanced features, making it an ideal option if you do have the budget.
- Hybrid event planning: Cvent allows users to plan both virtual and in-person aspects of the event in a centralized platform. This ensures an effective and seamless management of the two event formats.
- Virtual event platform: Robust virtual event platform that supports live streaming, on-demand content, virtual exhibition booths, and interactive sessions.
- Attendee engagement: Various tools and functionalities to engage both virtual and in-person attendees, including live Q&A, polls, chat rooms, and interactive virtual engagement functionalities.
- Website builder: An intuitive and easy-to-use virtual builder that you can use to easily build a professionally designed and functional website in minutes, even without any coding experience.
- Customizability: Various customizability options, including custom branding options like event website builder, email templates, customizable virtual event pages, and so on, so you can deliver a consistent on-brand experience.
- Analytics and reporting: detailed event analytics and reporting, enabling event planners to collect data and valuable insights about their hybrid event’s performance, attendee behaviors, and ROI.
Pros and cons of Cvent
- A robust set of event planning and management features
- Great registration and ticketing functionalities
- User-friendly interface with a streamlined event management process
- Customizable branding options for event websites and mobile apps
- Advanced data analytics and reporting features to help you improve your events
- Seamless integration with popular tools, including various payment processing platforms
- Not the most affordable option available
- Limited customization options for certain features
- Customer support could be better
- The steep learning curve for certain features, not for beginners
Cvent’s pricing for its software is not publicly available on its website, and it is usually quoted based on the needs of the customer after a consultation.
However, Cvent generally caters to enterprise-level clients and is considered a more expensive option compared to other event management software.
You can contact Cvent directly to get the most accurate pricing information and see if it fits your budget. They do offer a free trial of the software, which allows you to test the features before committing to a plan.
As one of the leading brands in event management, Cent offers a robust solution with a wide range of features for managing both in-person and virtual events. Despite some of its downsides, like its relatively high price tag, the comprehensive functionalities and data analytics function makes it a great choice for event planners looking for a sophisticated solution.
Bizzabo is an event management solution that is equally powerful in managing in-person and virtual events, making it ideal for hybrid events. Bizzabo offers a rich set of features to facilitate successful event planning and management for both the virtual and in-person aspects including
Event ticketing/registration, virtual networking, event gamification, and comprehensive analytics.
- Event ticketing and registration: intuitive and comprehensive event registration/ticketing features, including online registration forms and the ability to generate multiple ticket types.
- Event website builder: Bizzabo offers an excellent event website builder, complete with a variety of customizable templates that you can use right away to create a beautifully-designed and functional event website.
- Virtual platform and interactivity: a customizable virtual platform with interactive features like gamification, virtual networking tools, live Q&A, polls, and more.
- Advanced networking features: various features to help attendees connect with each other, including advanced matchmaking features and a built-in networking platform.
- Event registration and ticketing: Bizzabo makes it easy to manage event registration and ticketing with features such as online registration forms and multiple ticket types.
- Integrations: seamless integration with third-party solutions, so you can use Bizzabo with other apps and tools in your existing workflow.
- Mobile App: a customizable mobile app, enabling attendees to access all event information, schedule, and networking features on their mobile devices.
- Automation: various features for automation and streamlining of repetitive tasks to save time and increase your event team’s efficiency.
- Onsite management: Onsite attendee management features such as check-in, lead retrieval, and real-time reporting.
- Analytics and reporting: Detailed analytics and reporting, so you can track key performance metrics and make data-driven decisions to improve your events in the future.
- Marketing features: various marketing and promotional features such as email marketing, and social media integration to help you promote your event and attract more attendees.
Pros and Cons of Bizzabo
- User-friendly and intuitive interface, easy to navigate for beginners
- All-in-one features for planning, executing, and analyzing both virtual and in-person events
- Customizable, can be tailored to meet your brand’s (or sponsor’s) requirements and preferences
- Great networking features (both in-person and virtual), like virtual engagement tools and advanced matchmaking features
- Relatively expensive compared to other solutions
- Limited customization for the virtual aspect of the event
- Steep learning curve due to a large number of features to learn and use
- May not be suitable for larger and/or more complex in-person events
Bizzabo’s pricing plans include:
- Essentials: This is the basic plan, and it includes features such as event registration, ticketing, and a customizable event website. The pricing for this plan starts at $499 per event.
- Growth: This plan includes all the features of the Essentials plan, plus additional features such as networking, analytics, and integrations. The pricing for this plan starts at $999 per event.
- Scale: This plan includes all the features of the Growth plan, plus additional features such as onsite management, virtual event platform, and lead capture. The pricing for this plan starts at $1,999 per event.
- Enterprise: This plan is customized to meet the specific needs of large organizations and offers additional features such as a dedicated account manager, API access, and advanced analytics. The pricing for this plan is available on request.
Free-trial available for all plans.
Bizzabo offers a comprehensive set of features for both in-person and virtual aspects of managing a hybrid event; from website creation to attendee management/engagement to lead capture to analytics, Bizzabo has it all.
While it does have some downsides, like its steeper learning curve and a relatively expensive price tag for its plans, it’s an overall solid choice for event planners looking for a versatile and scalable solution.
Eventleaf stands out as an all-in-one event management software that streamlines the entire event planning process. With features such as customizable registration forms, event websites, ticketing, marketing, scheduling, analytics, and a mobile app for attendees, Eventleaf has everything you need to make your event a success.
- Event registration: Eventleaf allows event organizers to create customizable registration forms and manage attendee information.
- Event website: Eventleaf provides a customizable event website that can be used to promote the event and provide information about the event schedule, speakers, and sponsors.
- Event ticketing: Eventleaf allows event organizers to sell tickets online and track ticket sales.
- Event marketing: Eventleaf provides tools to promote the event through email marketing, social media, and other channels.
- Event scheduling: Eventleaf allows event organizers to create and manage an event schedule, including sessions, speakers, and sponsors.
- Event analytics: Eventleaf provides analytics and reporting tools to help event organizers track the success of their event and make data-driven decisions.
- Event management: Eventleaf allows event organizers to manage attendees, vendors, and other event logistics, including on-site check-in and event evaluation.
- Mobile App: mobile app for attendees to access information, schedule, and other details of the events.
- Virtual Event Platform: Eventleaf has a virtual event platform to manage and host virtual and hybrid events with ease.
- Integrations: Eventleaf integrates with various platforms like Zoom, Google calendar, Mailchimp, Salesforce and more
Pros and cons of Eventleaf
- Comprehensive and all-in-one solution for event planning
- Customizable registration forms, event websites, and mobile app for attendees
- Virtual event platform and integrations with popular platforms like Zoom, Google Calendar, Mailchimp, Salesforce and more
- Flexible pricing options suitable for both experienced event planners and beginners
- User-friendly interface and easy to navigate
- Limited customization options for certain features
- Some users have reported occasional technical glitches
- Some users have reported that the customer support response time could be improved.
Whether you’re an experienced event planner or new to the game, Eventleaf has a pricing plan that will fit your needs and budget.With a range of features such as customizable registration forms, event websites, ticketing, marketing, scheduling, analytics and event management, Eventleaf has everything you need to make your event a success.
Aventri is a comprehensive event management software that provides a range of features to help event planners plan and execute any type of event (in-person, virtual, or hybrid) of any size.
- Event planning and management tools, including event registration, agenda management, and attendee tracking
- Virtual event capabilities, including webcasting, live streaming, and virtual exhibitor booths
- Mobile event app for attendees to access event information, schedule, and networking opportunities
- Lead capture and tracking for exhibitors and sponsors
- Analytics and reporting for measuring event success
- On-site check-in and badge printing
- Payment processing and integration with popular payment gateways
- Customizable branding and theme options
- 24/7 customer support and dedicated account management.
Pros and Cons of Aventri:
- Comprehensive feature set ideal for hybrid events of all sizes
- Excellent virtual stage and interactive virtual engagement tools
- Mobile-friendly with a mobile app, allowing access to the software on the go.
- Customizable branding options for events with sponsors or multiple brands.
- Automation capabilities to save time and streamline tasks.
- Integration with popular third-party solutions
- Good customer service and support.
- Scalable to accommodate events of all sizes.
- Multi-language and multi-currency support for events with international attendees.
- Relatively limited virtual event features compared to others
- Pricing may be on the higher end compared to other event management software.
- Not suitable for very large events with thousands of attendees.
- Some users may find the interface not user-friendly or difficult to navigate.
Aventri offers the following pricing plans:
- Basic: This plan includes core features such as event registration, ticketing, and website design. The pricing for this plan starts at $3,000 per year.
- Pro: This plan includes all of the features of the Basic plan, as well as additional features such as attendee management, event scheduling, and email marketing. The pricing for this plan starts at $5,000 per year.
- Enterprise: This plan includes all of the features of the Pro plan, as well as additional features such as access control, data analytics, and integration with other tools. The pricing for this plan is determined on a case-by-case basis, based on the specific needs of the customer.
- Virtual Event Platform: Aventri also offers a virtual event platform that includes features such as webcasting, virtual exhibitor halls, and interactive networking. The pricing for this plan starts at $10,000 per year.
Aventri is a solid pick offering a comprehensive set of features for both the in-person and virtual aspects of hybrid events. It is an expensive option, and it may not be as user-friendly as other options on this list. However, it does offer some of the best advanced features, including automation capabilities.
As we can see, there are many great options for hybrid event management software in 2023, and above, we have reviewed five of the best ones.
Each platform reviewed has its own unique set of features and pricing plans to fit the needs of different types of events and organizations. However, in our opinion, Eventtia offers the best value for money, considering its rich set of features.
Yet, it is important to research and compare different platforms to find the one that best suits your event’s needs. With the right software, you can create a seamless and engaging hybrid event experience for your attendees.